Career Assessment and Planning for Young Adults
- Build self confidence through personal assessment and self awareness.
- Identify suitable career opportunities that best utilize skills and abilities while providing maximum satisfaction and financial reward.
- Recommend training and education that will provide a competitive edge in the job market.
- Develop a realistic and focused plan of action to serve as a road map to successful employment and career development.
- Ensure follow-up support for taking action.
Program Plan: Personal assessment through testing and skills analysis
Session 1: Family of origin. Identify family and environmental influences on career genogram. Include talents as well as occupational and educational patterns.
Session 2: Inventory or personal assets. Review personal work and educational history, as well as Holland Personality and work styles.
Session 3: Motivators and interest categories. Discuss Strong Vocational Interest Inventory and Jackson Vocational Interest Survey.
Session 4: Inventory of personal assets continued. Review interest and skills. Career Interest and Skill Survey, Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
Session 5: Career identification for “best fit” application. Review Survey, information interviews, work trends, job outlook, education and training requirements.
Session 6: Learning styles and job compatibility. Discussion of Myers-Briggs results and initial development of career action plan.
Session 7: Review Myers Briggs Type Indicator Results. Continue job search.
Session 8: Review 16 PF results. Begin developing career and educational plan of action.
Session 9: Refine career and educational plan.
Program and Counseling Fees
PHASE I: PERSONAL ASSESSMENT & COUNSELING $1,600.00* (Includes cost of testing)
PHASE II: FOLLOW-UP COUNSELING & COACHING $150.00/hour
* In two segments: $875.00 due first session, and $875.00 due fifth session