Career Planning for Divorcing Clients
- Build self-confidence through personal assessment and self-awareness.
- Identify suitable career opportunities that best utilize skills and abilities while providing maximum satisfaction and financial reward.
- Recommend training and education that will provide a competitive edge in the job market.
- Develop a realistic and focused plan of action to serve as a road map to successful employment and career development.
- Ensure follow-up support for taking action.
Phase I: Personal Assessment Through Inventories and Personal Analysis
Session 1: Family of Origin—Identify family and environmental influences using Career Genogram, including talents, occupational and educational patterns.
Session 2: Family of Origin—Continue identifying patterns.
Session 3: Inventory of Personal Assets—Review personal, work and education history.
Session 4: Complete personal inventory. Review and identify Holland Themes.
Session 5: Review Strong Interest Inventory and Jackson Vocational Inventory Survey results.
Session 6:Review Career Interest and Skill Survey results. Begin job research.
Session 7: Review Myers Briggs Type Indicator results. Continue job research.
Phase II: Planning and Action—Sessions 8-10
Action Plan Development
- Set long-term goals and short-term objectives, based on assessment and evaluation from Phase I.
- Outline training/educational opportunities, professional contacts, information and referral sources, networking opportunities, support group and other resources.
- Determination time lines.
Progress Report—Evaluate field research, rate opportunities, and determine hiring decision points.
Follow-up—Evaluate leads, contacts, feedback, additional opportunities and fine-tune the search process. Set up regular checkpoints as necessary.
Presentation Package—Prepare resumes, case studies, work examples, reference list, and study effective interviewing techniques, salary and terms negotiation.
SERVICES AND RATES
Career Assessment and Counseling Program: *$2,000.00*
Vocational Report: $2,000.00+
Follow-Up Sessions: $125.00 per hour
Court Testimony and Deposition: $250.00 per hour
Travel Time: $150.00 per hour
Case Consultation: $150.00 per hour
(With client’s professional support team, including attorneys, therapists, physicians, financial planners, accountants, etc.)
Specific Occupational Research: $150.00 per hour
*$2000.00 paid up front, or
$2,150.00 divided into two payments: $1075.00 due first session and $1075.00 due fifth session.