Career Planning for Midlife Career Changers
- Develop self-awareness through personal and objective assessment.
- Identify suitable career opportunities that best utilize skills and abilities while providing satisfaction and financial reward.
- Recommend training and education that will provide a competitive edge in the job market.
- Develop a realistic and focused plan of action to serve as a road map to successful employment and career development.
- Provide follow-up support for taking action.
Phase I: Personal Assessment Through Inventories and Personal Analysis.
Session 1: Family of Origin—Identify family and environmental influences using Career Genogram, including talents, occupational and educational patterns.
Session 2: Family of Origin—continue identifying patterns.
Session 3: Inventory of Personal Assets—Review personal, work and education history
Session 4: Complete personal inventory. Review and identify Holland Themes.
Session 5: Review Strong Interest Inventory and Jackson Vocational Inventory Survey results.
Session 6: Review Career Interest and Skill Survey results. Begin job research.
Session 7: Review Myers Briggs Type Indicator results. Continue job research.
Phase II: Planning and Action - Sessions 8-10
Action Plan Development
- Identify training/educational opportunities, professional contacts (when possible), information and referral sources, networking opportunities, support group and other resources.
- Set long-term goals and short-term objectives, based on assessment and evaluation from Phase I.
- Determination time lines.
Phase III: Follow-up - Evaluate leads, contacts, feedback, additional opportunities and fine-tune the search process. Set up regular check points as necessary.
PROGRAM AND CONSULTING FEES
PHASES I & II: PERSONAL ASSESSMENT & COUNSELING $2,000.00* (Includes cost of testing).
PHASE III: FOLLOW-UP COUNSELING & COACHING $150.00/hour.
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING (Tests Require an Additional Charge) $150.00/hour.
*In two segments: $1,100.00 due first session, and $1,100.00 due fifth session.